This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Peanut butter Cocoa Krispie treats satisfy two cravings I often have. Not only do I like chocolate, but also peanut butter makes me very happy. There’s just something about it that reminds me of simpler times.
I’m not really much of a sweets eater. But since my husband is, I like to make treats every now and then. We typically have dessert two or three times a week, although he’d like it after every meal. I’ve always enjoyed Cocoa Krispies, so this dessert was a sure win!
He and I both enjoy the mug cakes but not the same flavors. We also occasionally have cravings for these peanut butter cookies and the delicious coconut macaroons. They’re both loaded with melt-in-your-mouth goodness and hard to resist.
These Cocoa Krispie treats with peanut butter are like that too. They combine two of the best flavors and give you a taste sensation that will have you running back for more.
Taste Testing the Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispie Treats
If you enjoy Rice Krispie treats, you’ll probably like these. After I made them, I tried one and knew I had something. Then I tested them out on some teenage neighbors and their friends. At first, they looked at them like they weren’t sure what to do.
But once they tasted them, I couldn’t help but see how much they liked them. Maybe it was the eyes rolling back in the head, or perhaps it was the big smiles after they ate them. Whatever the case, they were happy. And they offered to be my taste testers for future goodies.
When my husband got home, he tried one. As soon as he gave me a thumbs-up, I knew I had a hit. And then yesterday, my granddaughters spent the day with us. For lunch, we made pimento cheese sandwiches. Afterward, we had these Cocoa Krispie treats with peanut butter for dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ingredient list is pretty simple and straightforward. Of course, you’ll need Cocoa Krispies. The rest of the ingredients include marshmallows, butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. That’s it!
How to Make Cocoa Krispie Treats with Peanut Butter
There are only a few simple steps. In fact, it’s something you can enjoy doing with your children or grandkids.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the marshmallows, and once they start melting, stir in the chocolate chips.
Continue to stir until all the chocolate chips have melted.
Add the Cocoa Krispies and stir until they are all coated. Pour them into a pan that you’ve coated with butter or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Sprinkle the peanut butter chips over the top and press into the cocoa mixture.
If some of them are loose, you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds. This will melt the edges and help them stick to the mixture.
After it cools, cut them into whatever size you prefer.
Other Blogs I Follow
As a blogger, I enjoy reading other people’s blogs and discovering new things. Here are a few of my favorites:
Back to My Southern Roots
Make It to Friday
South Your Mouth
Julia’s Simply Southern
Big Bear’s Wife
Mrs. Happy Homemaker
Sweet Little Bluebird
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
The Country Cook
The Pin Junkie
For more wonderful recipes, check out Full Plate Thursday.
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 5 ounces of miniature marshmallows (1/2 of a 10 ounce bag)
- 3 cups of Cocoa Krispies
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- Spray a medium casserole dish (approx. 8" x 13") or baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or coat it with butter.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the Cocoa Krispies. Stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Spray a spatula with nonstick cooking spray and use it to press down the Cocoa Krispie mixture.
- While the mixture is still warm, sprinkle the peanut butter chips on top and press them down into the mixture. Some of them may melt around the edges, but that’s fine. It will help them stay put.
- Cool for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut into 2” x 3” rectangles. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 474 Total Fat 16g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 8mg Sodium 220mg Carbohydrates 79g Fiber 3g Sugar 54g Protein 8g